30 Mar JOB POST: Administrative Operations – AgService Seeds
Job Title: Administrative Operations
Division: AgSerivce Seeds
Reports To: Division Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Provides assistance to the Division Sales Manager and is responsible for relaying incoming telephone calls, performing various clerical duties and maintaining the office by fulfilling the following duties and responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answers client inquiries via telephone and in person regarding invoices or other related billing information and sends information to clients as requested via e-mail, fax or mail.*
- Maintains all paper records and files the backup documentation related to each account.*
- Maintains accurate customer information in database according to company procedures.*
- Answers multi-line telephone system, takes accurate messages and transfers telephone calls to the appropriate person in an effective manner.*
- Operates standard office equipment including multi-line telephone system facsimile machine, photocopy machine, calculator, computer and printer.*
- Provides uninterrupted flow of materials, supplies and services required by the company to operate on a daily basis.*
- Reviews specifications and company needs to ascertain quantity and types of material needed to obtain quality results.*
- Enters purchasing information in computer and generates related reports for inventory control purposes.*
- Tracks delivery orders on computer to ensure timely delivery and expedites orders as required.*
- Ability to use programs such as Roundup Reporting, Tech Fee Reporting, AgCelerate, CCIA- Seed Stock, USDA, and export documents.*
- Receives and inspects incoming shipments for discrepancies and damages and reports problems promptly to the appropriate person.*
- Prepares items accurately for shipment according to customer orders and instructions by retrieving from the warehouse, packaging, weighing on a scale and documenting correct shipment details.*
- Stores materials and supplies within the warehouse according to part number and/or description by safely performing physical tasks such as lifting, carrying and stacking by hand or safely using material handling equipment.*
- Reports shipping and receiving details to the appropriate department on a regular and timely basis.*
- Signs for incoming deliveries, loads and unloads delivery trailers and trucks by hand or with material handling equipment.*
- Maintains warehouse and receiving area in a safe and orderly manner.*
- Delivers merchandise to customers in a timely manner*
- Fills delivery orders by obtaining the required merchandise and completes appropriate paperwork.*
- Verifies accuracy of order including product type and quantity with delivery tickets, invoices and shipping documents and adjusts as necessary.*
- Operates company vehicle in a professional, safe and courteous manner and maintains the inside and outside of vehicle to company standards.*
- Secures all loads properly and adheres to all DOT regulations.*
- Assists with stocking the shipping and receiving department to include lifting and carrying products and placing them in the appropriate place.*
- Returns credit merchandise with appropriate paperwork and informs management of delivery.*
- Picks up merchandise and invoices from warehouse and vendors.*
- Provides customer with receipt and/or credit form for merchandise to be picked up.*
- Performs a daily pre-trip inspection on vehicle and trailer and reports malfunctions to management.*
- Maintains ability to work evenings, weekends and during declared emergency situations.*
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; Internet Explorer and the ability to learn AgVance software and ADP Timecard system.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two to four year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid California driver’s license
- Forklift operation certificate or ability to pass company certification within 2 weeks of hire
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.