05 Feb JOB POST: Dispatcher
Job Title: Dispatcher
Division: AgService Seeds
Reports To: DivisionManager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: Responsible for acting as liaison between drivers and management and effectively dispatching deliveries by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares a daily delivery schedule and coordinates efficient deliveries by applying knowledge of customer schedules, peak delivery times and alternate routes.*
- Applies knowledge of service area(s) to dispatch sufficient coverage, and knowledge of delivery vehicle operation capacity to ensure delivery schedules are met.*
- Applies knowledge of all driver schedules as well as subordinate skills and abilities for dispatched duties.*
- Understands, interprets and ensures adherence to applicable DOT regulations.*
- Operates the dispatch board according to procedures and backs up the computer system as required.*
- Operates communication equipment efficiently to properly communicate with drivers, and maintain related equipment in optimum working condition.*
- Informs customers of their service status according to delivery schedules as needed.*
- Resolves operational and delivery problems that require immediate attention.*
- Reviews customer specifications and company needs to ascertain quantity and types of material needed to obtain quality results.*
- Maintains adequate inventory levels by monitoring and replenishing as necessary.*
- Negotiates acceptable prices and terms with vendors regarding price and delivery of materials in the best interest of the company and customers.*
- Tracks delivery orders on computer to ensure timely delivery and expedites orders as required.*
- Enters purchasing information in computer and generates related reports for inventory control purposes.*
- Receives and inspects incoming shipments for discrepancies and damages and reports problems promptly to the appropriate person.*
- Tracks delivery orders to ensure timely delivery and expedites orders as required.*
- Verifies accuracy of order including product type and quantity with delivery tickets, invoices, and shipping documents and adjusts as necessary.*
- Generates inventory and daily delivery ticket reports.*
- Physical inventory management includes weekly and monthly inventory counts and reconciliations with AgVance balances.*
- Create, manage, and store seed labels in BarTender Label Software system.*
- Operates standard office equipment including multi-line telephone system, facsimile machine, photocopy machine, calculator, computer, and printer.*
- Answers multi-line telephone, maintains a professional office environment and professional relations with customers and other employees.*
- Maintains ability to work evenings, weekends, and during declared emergency situations.*
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Assists the manager with supervising plant production and employees.Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include addressing complaints and resolving problems; planning, assigning, and directing work.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.Ability to write simple correspondence.Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; Internet Explorer and the ability to learn AgVance, BarTender, and timecard system.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); andtwo to four year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid California driver’s license
- Forklift operation certificate or ability to pass company certification within 2 weeks of hire
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Reading Skills
- Customer Service
- Telephone Etiquette
- Math Aptitude
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Project Management
- Time Management
- Computer Literacy
- Keyboard Skills